Support to the Evaluation of Partnership for Environmental Assessment in Africa (PEAA)
- Strengthen and diversify pastoral livelihoods in the target woredas of Afar and Somali regions.
- Improve natural resource management in the target woredas of Afar and Somali regions.
- Enhance the competence and capacity of civil society and community based organizations.
- Enhance the capacity of Regional, Woreda and Kebele level government structures.
- Increase and diversify livelihood options and protect the household assets of chronically poor households in targeted woredas.
- Improve the community asset base to protect and enhance resilience and adaptation to climate change.
- Promote economic empowerment and access to decision making of women mainly for women headed households and land less youth.
- Improve the capacity and competence of partners, REST and WAT, for their overall sustainability and maintenance of staff for a longer period.
Both the Ethio-Norwegian UNCCD program and the Sustainable Agriculture in Tigray National Regional State 2009-2011 program are supported by the Norwegian Development Fund (DF).
The purpose of the evaluations was to assess the progress towards the goals of the project, its effectiveness and sustainability, as well as to present the lessons learned.