Strengthening of Municipal Developent
The Project improved the quality of investments in the municipalities concerned by financing pre-investment studies for activities identified within the system for municipal planning in Nicaragua.
The assignment had two components:
- Pre-investment studies for municipal development projects, both pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, and final design for projects costing at least USD 50,000 within the framework of existing Master Plans for Urban (or Municipal) Development for the participating municipalities. Priority was given to environmental projects and projects for risk management, more specifically within the areas of urban transport, solid waste treatment, water harvesting and drainage, creation and protection of green areas, forests, and other areas of environmental value, and protection against erosion an flooding.
- Capacity building for pre-investment studies, covering:
- training for participating units, mainly staff in the Technical Units in the municipalities concerned and INIFOM;
- preparation of brief descriptions of priority projects within the framework of existing Master Plans for Urban (or Municipal) Development;
- training in preparation of Terms of Reference to be used for contracting pre-investment studies ;
- training in processes for tendering, negotiation, and contracting consulting services; and
- training in monitoring and evaluation of projects.