Local evaluation adviser (TPAT)
The TPAT is a three year technical assistance project (started in July 2011) to assist the Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) in order to:
- Facilitate the implementation by PWA of the Sector Reform processes.
- Update water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies towards more effective infrastructure development, improved service provision, and sustainable resource management.
- Develop PWA’s capacity for implementation of water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies, action plans and programs.
The TPAT project is an integral part of the Action Plan for Reform for the water sector in Palestine and only one of several interrelated projects. The Institutional Water Sector Review (2010-11) has given the main direction to the further reform and its related projects like the TPAT (2011-14), the Legislative Review (2011-12) and the Organizational Development (2011-2012) project. The TPAT project is based on the concept of collaboration and partnership between the TPAT team and the PWA. In addition, for those activities that relate to or impact other stakeholder organizations, the following additional specific arrangements have been made:
- Expanded task teams to include the main stakeholders (inner circle) and
- A group of other stakeholders are participating in seminars, workshops to discuss draft outputs (outer circle).
A team of seven international advisers from ORGUT Consulting AB from Sweden is in place, among others two long-term advisers, i.e. the Team leader and the Deputy Team leader and five medium-term experts, together covering the fields of water resources, water supply, sanitation, wastewater & reuse, finance & economics, communications, institutional & planning and legal.
During the fourth quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014, there is a need to provide additional local evaluation expertise to PWA, who is familiar with carrying out evaluations through questionnaires and interviews, in particular by contributing to the evaluation of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Palestinian Authority and the international development partners to the water sector in Palestine for the alignment and harmonization of Strategies in Support of the Palestinian Water Authority's Water & Wastewater Sector Reform Program 2011-2014.