The analogue system of generating and managing of spatial data often led the Ministry of Lands, Survey and Town Planning in Nigeria into numerous problems such as Land encroachment, multiple allocations, unattended applications, time consumption. It was also cumbersome in managing and processing document which led to inefficient revenue generation by the Government. Therefore the general objective of this project is to support the establishment of a new digital system based on GIS and LIS technologies. Such a system is indispensable for effective and sustainable spatial planning and effective land management. It will provide an efficient land administration process through the provision of geospatial data and quality services to all land titled holders in an effective and timely manner. The project provides the following products and services:
• ICT Infrastructure procurement and setup.
• Plateau State Geodetic Reference System Upgrade and standardization.
• Certification and Re-Certification (with outstanding Ground Rent computation). This sub-project involves the re-engineering and automation of the Registry and Cadastral processes in the Ministry of Land, Survey and Town Planning.
• Aerial Photography, Mapping, and LiDAR survey services. The resolution is at 10 cm (urban) and 25 cm (rural) accuracy level.
• Capacity Building and Workshops.
ORGUT provided expertise in the establishment of positional infrastructure for application of digital surveying techniques and GIS to cadastre works and property registration.