Public Administration Reform
Concrete steps towards better governance
We recognise that reforming public administration systems is a long-term endeavour with many challenges. To achieve sustainable results, the process is just as important as the result. We work with governments and other stakeholders to provide high-quality public services that are efficient, effective and accountable. We help build solutions that work in the real world, based on principles of transparency and equality.
We aim to be the partner that governments turn to first when they need expertise and evidence-based support for their reform journey. We have the right people to handle complex, long-term processes, and have access to a network of leading governance experts who know how to give the support that makes sustainable change happen.
What we do
- We work with partners to strengthen their capacity in public administration, public policy, negotiations skills and gender analysis.
- We support international actors to design and implement flexible and adaptive programming in their support to public sector reforms.
- We help conduct reviews of existing policy and legal frameworks and propose recommendations for improvements based on international experiences.
- We support implementation of newly adopted laws and enhancement of law enforcement procedures.
- We support the design and rollout of reforms in e-government and public service delivery.
- We help design and deliver on-the-job training programmes to civil servants, focusing on quality management, change management, strategic planning, leadership and coordination, fund management, project management, developing project proposals, designing robust monitoring and evaluation systems, and reporting.